Pertemps Medical have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Psychologist (full or part time) to join a new service, which has just opened in the Sleaford area of Lincolnshire. The service has 18 beds offering mental health rehabilitation and recovery.
Our clinet are seeking to recruit a Clinical Psychologist to support the service, to develop case formulations informing treatment plans for service users. To be confident and knowledgeable in developing behavioural management plans, to enhance recovery. To work in a consultative manner with the team, to deliver the approaches.
Knowledge and Skills
- To be contribute to the systematic development and provision of psychology services within the service in collaboration with teams, and under the direction of the Hospital Director.
- To provide the highest standards of evidence based psychological assessment, formulation and interventions by working directly and in a supervisory capacity across the service
- To support the development of team working, including development and implementation of local/corporate policies, and the delivery of staff training programmes.
- To support the team and area of service in developing new initiatives and ways of working.
- To work with internal and external agencies in order to enhance treatment pathways for patients.
- Possess advanced levels of skills and competence in assessing, formulating and working therapeutically with patients in the service area
- Have a high level ability to communicate effectively at both written and oral level complex and sensitive information, taking into account the recipients.
- Have an up to date knowledge of legislation and its implications for the profession and the client groups we work with.
- Be able to identify and proactive resolve problems and challenges within the service.
- Be able to manage and supervise staff within the department, ensuring that they are meeting professional practice expectations and the BPS code of ethics.
The role holder will be able to demonstrate and utilise -
- At least five years experience working with clients with complex needs that are relevant to the population in the service area.
- Ideally have had previous experience of developing treatment programmes, for rehabilitation
- Advanced assessment and formulation skills.
- Clinical therapy skills - Experience using CBT skills to address a range of clinical and/or forensic issues. Excellent awareness and knowledge and experience of other therapeutic approaches.
- Evidence of effective consultancy skills and management of clinical/organisational projects.
- Effective supervisory experience of Psychology staff.
- Evidence of competence in line management responsibilities.
- Evidence of leadership skills in both clinical and organisational project work.
- To supervise and line manage in-training staff members.
- Work effectively as a team member, and to take the lead on psychological assessment and interventions within the service area.
- Take appropriate action where concerns are raised with regards to performance or conduct of others.
- Promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Ensuring the confidentiality, security and accuracy of data and information and compliance with Regulatory guidelines and statutory requirements.
- Maintain and evidence standards of competence as defined by the HCPC and BPS.
For more information please get in touch with Gemma Wright 01908 533440 or apply using the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you.