Pertemps Medical are currently recruiting for a Senior Acute Occupational Therapist (Inpatients) in the private sector in London.
About The Facility
The Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
Location: Central London
Contract: Permanent Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive dependent upon kills and experience (This post is equivalent to a NHS Band 6)
The Hospital are looking for a Senior 2 Occupational Therapist to join their team to manage a defined caseload of clients with complex needs.
The successful post holder will have the flexibility and autonomy to work in a variety of service areas including but not limited to the intensive care units, cardiac, orthopaedic, neurosurgical and medical wards.
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Salary Review
- Career development and access to further education
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- To independently manage a defined caseload of complex cases across diagnostic client mixes.
- To provide participate in the handover and allocation process on daily basis
- To perform occupational analysis and risk evaluations leading to the formulation of sound discharge plans.
- To use reasoning, communication, and negotiation skills to establish a therapeutic relationship in complex cases, managing barriers to communication.
- To maintain accurate and timely documentation consistent with legal and organisational requirements
- To be responsible for the formulation, development and implementation of departmental initiatives that promote time efficiency and quality patient care.
- Lead multidisciplinary initiatives.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including but not limited to the management of patients in your care, funding authorizations, billing and team liaisons.
- To prioritise and delegate efficiently
- To undertake other duties as the request of the Head of Acute Therapy services.
- To work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- To ensure patients and carers are involved in development of client centred goals.
- To identify individual training needs to ensure high levels of professionalism and clinical skills.
- Current registered member of Health Professions Council (HPC)
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (or equivalent)
- Experience in working in areas including but not limited to the intensive care units, cardiac, orthopaedic, neurosurgical and medical wards.
To apply or for further information please contact Daisy Bruce on 01908 533440 or email daisy,firstname.lastname@example.org