Pertemps Medical are urgently looking to speak with a Band 8b Clinical Psychologist to work with a leading Psychology Service for Offenders provider in Southampton.
This role offers an immediate start with the ideal candidate being available full-time although part-time may be considered.
This role involves
- HCPC Registration
- Significant Adult MH experience working in a forensic setting
To provide a clinical psychology service for offenders with mental health difficulties, providing specialist psychological assessment and therapy at the same time as offering advice and consultation on clients’ psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues and to other, non-professional carers, working autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of The NHS Trust.
The role will involve training and workforce development to enable an understanding of the psychological aspects of a client’s risk and mental health needs, and the development of psychologically informed formulations and risk management plans. To provide supervision to other team members providing psychological therapy.
HMP is a closed training establishment on two sites which provides accredited interventions for approximately 1100 adult male category B offenders whose conviction(s) primarily relate to sexual offending. The prison provides a good range of health care services, including a mental health service which was recently rated as very good by HM Chief Inspector of Prisons.
The post holder will be expected to work closely with other members of the prison mental health service, and to work alongside prison and probation colleagues in the provision of assessments and case management, advice, consultation and training in HMP Isle of Wight. Compliance requirements
Pertemps Medical are proud to have been awarded places on all Frameworks for NHS supply, in response to this you will need to supply documentation to start work, some of this includes:
- DBS check
- Occupational Health Clearance (proof of immunity to Hep B, Measles and Rubella)
- Right to work – Passport/Visa
- Mandatory Training
- Qualification Certificates
Need help arranging some of these? Not to worry, we have a fast track compliance process which will enable you gain sign off without issue. In return we can offer you:
- £100 Loyalty Bonus once you have worked 12 weeks (New applicants only.)
- Fast Track Registration
- Your choice of payroll - PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- Expert advice from our team of specialist recruiters
- Interview tips from your dedicated advisor
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- Support sourcing placements in line with personal and career goals
- Specialist Business Development team sourcing a variety of vacancies from Public, Private and Charity organisations
Have further questions? You can contact our Psychological Therapies team on Psychology@pertempsmedical.co.uk